As a longtime fan of Game of Thrones (in book form, no less!), I’m excited at the prospect of the final season of the TV version wrapping up, even if George R.R. Martin claims it won’t have the same ending as the books. Who cares? The series has been building toward this point since 2012.
That said, there are SO many things going on that there are innumerable possibilities as to how the politics and existential threats play out. The series is notorious for pulling the rug out from fan favorites and providing unhappy endings for the “good” guys.
And by next week, pieces of this puzzle will begin fitting into place. Time is running out to Three-Eyed-Raven the future. So, without further ado…
My Predictions for Game of Thrones, Season 8:
- The following characters will definitely make it TO the final episode: Jon, Arya, Daenerys, Sansa, Cersei.
- The Hound will kill his brother (the Mountain).
- Arya will see and escape the Night King, and add him to her list.
- Rhaegal and Viserion will kill one another (leaving Drogon as the only dragon).
- The army of the dead will overrun King’s Landing.
- Jamie will be the one to kill Cersei same as he killed the Mad King.
- Arya will kill the Night King with a dagger made of dragonglass.
- Jon and Daenerys will discover they are related, end up getting married anyway
- Bran becomes the new Night King.
With my luck at predicting things, I’m guessing fewer than half of these are going to come to pass. How about you guys? Any better predictions on how this epic saga is going to finish?
UPDATE: Since we had all our answers by May 19, 2019, and I don’t dare invite all the hate that the series ending elicits from the viewing community by continuing the discussion, I’ve disabled comments on this post. Suffice it to say, I was waaaay off on many of my guesses! 😉